WILBRAHAM, Mass. – The Wentworth Institute of Technology golf team shot a 347 to finish sixth at the Commonwealth Coast Conference Championship Qualifier, which was held on Thursday at The Country Club of Wilbraham, a par 72, 6,380-yard course.
- Nichols earned the right to host the CCC Championship the weekend on April 25-26, at a course to be determined. The Bison shot a 310 as a team, defeating Western New England (316) and Roger Williams (327). Tying for the fourth and final spot in the championship field were the University of New England and Endicott each shooting a 328. By way of the tiebreaking procedures (non-counting score), the Nor'Easters advanced.
- Wentworth finished just 15 shots behind the fourth-place teams and defeated Gordon (404).
- Leading the Leopards was junior Sancho Rodriguez (San Roque, Spain) who tied for 16th overall with an 82, which included a pair of birdies. Sophomore Nicholas Kurtz (Dover, N.H.) tied for 19th after carding an 83. Senior Sean L'Italien (Pembroke, Mass.) shot an 87 to finish 26th, while sophomore Jared Turgeon (Dover, N.H.) was 29th after shooting a 91.
- Senior Matthew Pleshaw (Franklin, Mass.) also competed for the Black & Gold, shooting a 92 on the day.
- Wentworth heads to Bethpage State Park in Farmingdale, N.Y., next weekend (September 28-29) to play in the Farmingdale State Fall Invitational, which will be held on the Bethpage Red Course. The course is adjacent to "Bethpage Black," site of the 2019 PGA Championship.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.