Boston, Mass. – The Beacons of UMass Boston added a single goal in each half to down the Wentworth women's soccer team, 2-0, on Saturday afternoon at James Cotter Field. Wentworth drops to 0-2 while UMass shifts to 1-1.
- Alex Hee 37' (UMass Boston)
- Kelly McNeil 62' (UMass Boston)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Just before halftime, the Beacons capitalized on a scramble inside the box, as Alex Hee found the back of the net amidst the chaos.
- Kelly McNeil added a goal of insurance in the 62nd minute, finishing a cross from Grace McGettrick.
- Maria Spylios evens her record to 1-1, making one save in 90 minutes.
- Allison Haynes (Shelton, Conn.) drops to 0-2 with three saves on the day.
- The Beacons outshot Wentworth 16-2, who are still in search of their first goal of the season
- Abigail Meyers (Leicester Mass.) took Wentworth's lone shot on goal 13 seconds into the second half.
- Beacons lead 11-6 in all-time series with the Leopards.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.