With their second straight win and as many in overtime, the Leopards even out at 2-2, while the Colonials drop to 1-2-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Western Connecticut wasted no time getting on the board, scoring on the first play of the game in the second minute. The Colonials continued to test the Leopard defense, firing off three straight shots, the lone on target saved by junior keeper Allison Haynes (Shelton, Conn.)
- Junior Alexandria Rodriguez (San Diego, Calif.) took Wentworth's first shot on target in the 11th minute, but a save from Colonials' starting keeper Alexis Lainchbury kept the Leopards at bay. Shortly after, however, Poratti netted the equalizer in the 15th minute, finishing off a pass from junior Molly Donahue (Quincy, Mass.), who was last match's overtime hero.
- Both keepers stopped all shots faced in the second half, sending both teams into overtime with a 1-1 score.
- Relentless defense from the Leopards blocked three opening shots from the Colonials, while Haynes stopped their only two on target before Poratti put the game away with an unassisted strike to end the contest.
- Haynes earned her second consecutive win in net with a career-high 11 saves
- Karly Martin suffered the loss in 82 minutes of relief, letting up both goals for Western Connecticut.
- Poratti's goals are the first of her senior season, while her overtime goal is the second game-winner of her career.
- Wentworth is now 4-12 all-time vs Western Connecticut, with their last win coming on 09/26/16.
The Leopards will travel across town for a 6:00 p.m. match at Emerson on Tuesday.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.