- Kills – Leah Rogoz (12), Claire Quick (6) (.462)
- Digs – Leah Rogoz (12), Jordan Chapman (11)
- Assists – Jordan Chapman (28)
- Blocks – Leah Rogoz (3BA, 1BS), Riley Waggoner (2BA), McKenna Salsbury (2BA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wentworth cruised to a 25-9 win in the first set after breaking an early 4-4 tie, hitting .276 as a team while the Saints hit -.107
- WIT raced out to a 4-0 lead to open the second stanza before Emmanuel stormed back to take a 7-6 lead on a kill by Elizabeth Syverson. The Leopards regained the lead at 12-11 following a kill by Riley Waggoner (Simi Valley, Calif.) but four consecutive WIT errors gave the Saints a 15-12 advantage midway through the set. Both sides battled to a 17-17 tie before the Leopards took the lead for good, closing the second set on an 8-1 run, with a kill and an ace from Caroline Rupp (Sayville, N.Y.), to secure a 25-18 win.
- Emmanuel looked poised to take the third frame, holding seven-point leads at 14-7 and 19-12, but Wentworth was able to fight back and even the score at 20-20 following an ace by senior Leah Rogoz (Woodridge, Ill.).
- EC grabbed a 23-22 lead following a kill by Marissa Cataldo but the Leopards closed the match with three consecutive points including a Rogoz kill to seal the 25-23 third set win for the 3-0 sweep.
- Chapman set a new school record in assists over three sets.
- Rogoz & Chapman each booked a double-double.
- Wentworth earned its second straight 3-0 victory against Emmanuel.
The Leopards return to Tansey Gym for a two-match home stretch beginning on Tuesday when they host future CCC opponent Suffolk at 7:00 p.m.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.