The Leopards pounce to 8-4 while Suffolk snaps a three-game win streak and drops to 9-5.
- Kills – Leah Rogoz (13), Claire Quick (10)
- Assists – Jordan Chapman (26)
- Digs – Lexie Cambray (14), Leah Rogoz (13)
- Blocks – Leah Rogoz (2 BS, 1 BA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Midway through the first set, the Leopards snapped an 11-11 tie with a 6-0 run with points from Claire Quick (Mission Viejo, Calif.), Mary Zlotosch (Durham, N.H.) Makenna Salsbury (Bel Air, Md.) and Jordan Chapman (Clearwater, Fla.). Despite a timeout break from the Rams, Wentworth used combined kills from Leah Rogoz (Woodridge, Ill.) and Riley Waggoner (Simi Valley, Calif.) to build a 5-3 spurt for the 21-14 lead, before three Suffolk errors and a swing from Quick put the set away 25-18.
- Both teams hit .081 in the second frame which experienced six tied scores and four lead changes. Wentworth pulled away early with a 5-1 run on four straight Suffolk attack errors to lead by four points, 11-7. Another substantial run from the Leopards gave the hosts their largest lead of the set, 18-11, before Suffolk crawled back with a 9-3 run to pull within a single point. Suffolk tied the set and held on after a kill from Stephanie Rheaume, but Quick swung away for the narrow 25-23 win.
- Wentworth hit a match-high .258 in the third set to secure the sweep, led by five kills from Rogoz who hit .417.
- Rogoz booked her fifth straight double-double, and ninth of the season.
- Wentworth holds a 12-6 all-time advantage over Suffolk dating back to games played in 1997.
- The Leopards are back inside Tansey Gym on Thursday for a non-conference match with Framingham State. First serve is set for 7:00 p.m.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.