BOSTON, Mass. – The Wentworth women's volleyball team swept Framingham State University by set scores of 25-16, 25-14 and 25-17) in non-conference action Thursday evening inside Tansey Gymnasium.
The Leopards win their third straight match and improve to 9-4 overall, while Framingham drops to 7-7.
- Kills – Claire Quick (13), Leah Rogoz (6)
- Digs – Claire Quick (12), Jordan Chapman (9)
- Assists – Jordan Chapman (310
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wentworth hit a blistering .565 without making a single error in the first set. A Leah Rogoz (Woodridge, Ill.) kill ignited a 5-1 run, giving Wentworth a fourt-point lead 17-13. The Leopards built a 20-15 advantage after a kill from Claire Quick (Mission Viejo, Calif.), and closed out the set with a 5-1 run.
- The Rams struggled offensively in the middle frame, hitting -.160 while the Leopards swung at .320. Wentworth led from start to finish, and doubled-up on the visitors early, 14-7 after a kill from Devin Neal (Lebanon, Ohio). Errors plagued the Rams as the Leopards held a 22-11 lead, before an ace from Caroline Rupp (Sayville, N.Y.) and Krisila Hammett (Boiling Springs, S.C.) sealed the 2-0 match lead.
- Both teams battled point-for-point in the closest set of the evening before WIT broke a 12-12 tie with four unanswered points. Wentworth continued to press the Rams with a 7-0 run, forcing a Framingham timeout, but Wentworth was too strong and took the final set 25-17 for the non-conference win.
- Quick booked her seventh double-double of the season
- Chapman set a new match record for assists in three sets
- Leopards win third straight match in straight sets
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.