With their fourth-straight win, the Leopards move to 10-4 on the year at 1-1 in CCC play. Nichols drops to 7-6 and suffers its second conference loss at 0-2.
- Kills – Leah Rogoz (9), Riley Waggoner (5)
- Digs – Lexie Cambray (15), Leah Rogoz (12), Claire Quick (10)
- Assists – Chaise Kakuk (12), Jordan Chapman (10)
- Blocks – Riley Waggoner (3 BA, 1 BS)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Leah Rogoz (Woodridge, Ill.) broke a 7-7 tie early in the first set, as Wentworth turned a 9-3 run to force a Nichols timeout. The hosts rallied for a 3-1 spurt, but back-to-back swings from Rogoz and an ace from freshman Chaise Kakuk (Laguna Niguel, Calif.) forced the Bison to burn their second timeout as the score read 22-14 in favor of Wentworth. The lead proved too large for Nichols as consecutive kills from junior Caroline Rupp (Sayville, N.Y.) alongside a Bison attack error sealed the set for WIT 25-16.
- Both teams went point-for-point in the second frame until a 10-0 WIT run with senior Lexie Cambray (Bedford, N.H.) on the serve put the set out of reach. Cambray served two aces in the offensive surge, while sophomore Mary Zlotosch (Durham, N.H.), senior Claire Quick (Mission Viejo, Calif.) and freshman Riley Waggoner (Simi Valley, Calif.) each recorded a kill apiece.
- The Black & Gold led from start to finish in the final set and raced to a 9-3 lead using three points from Waggoner. Wentworth closed the set on a 12-2 run to secure the 3-0 sweep.
- Waggoner posted a career-high 9.5 points
- Wentworth remains undefeated in the all-time series against Nichols at 4-0.
- The Leopards win their fourth straight match in straight sets.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.