- Kills – Samantha Lassiter (9) (.500), Riley Waggoner (7) (.375), Mary Zlotosch (7) (.429)
- Digs – Lexie Cambray (14), Leah Rogoz (9), Jade Iadarola (6)
- Assists – Chaise Kakuk (28)
- Blocks – Samantha Lassiter (2 BA, 1 BS)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wentworth hit .318 as a team with 10 kills and just three errors on 22 swings, and turned away Curry with ease in the first set. The Colonels struggled offensively hitting -.200 with just four kills in the frame.
- After sophomore Jade Iadarola (Miami, Fla.) broke a 3-3 tie with back-to-back kills to start the second set, the Leopards went on a 7-1 run for a 9-4 lead and never surrendered, despite Curry pulling within three points. Curry's Caroline Kilduff and a WIT miscue shrunk the deficit to 17-14 for the Colonels, but sophomore Mary Zlotosch (Durham, N.H.) served six straight points, including two services aces to send Wentworth to a 25-16 victory.
- The Colonels showed life in the final set and stole the advantage on two separate plays early on, lastly with a kill from Amanda Wood as the scoreboard read 7-6 in favor of the visitors. Seniors Leah Rogoz (Woodridge, Ill.) and Samantha Lassiter (Rogers, Ark.) put down back-to-back kills while Waggoner booked an ace to redirect the lead in Wentworth's hands, who later built a 12-8 lead to force a Curry timeout. An assisted block by Kilduff and Wood would pull Curry within three points, 16-13, but that's as close as the Colonels would come as Wentworth ignited another late-set run to close out the match.
- The conference match was held in celebration of Wentworth Inauguration week, as the community celebrates its 5th President, Dr. Mark Thompson. Dr. Thompson's inauguration ceremony will take place on Friday, October 18th.
- Wentworth has won 13 of its 16 matches in straight sets.
- Wentworth is 10-1 all-time against the Colonels, having won the last four meetings.
- Wentworth steps out of conference on Saturday for a tri-match with Regis and Southern Maine in Weston, Mass.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.