Wentworth defeated Regis and Southern Maine, both by a 3-1 score, and improves to 18-5 this season with its third straight win.
Match One – Wentworth 3, Regis 1
- Kills – Leah Rogoz (18), Jade Iadarola (11), Mary Zlotosch (10)
- Digs – Leah Rogoz (27), Lexie Cambray (17), Jade Iadarola (18)
- Assists – Jordan Chapman (25) Chaise Kakuk (18)
- Blocks – Riley Waggoner (9 BA), Samantha Lassiter (7 BA)
- Wentworth downed the Pride by set scores of 25-23, 23-25, 28-26, and 27-25, and crawled back in the fourth set to end the non-conference tilt.
- Rogoz, who is also the all-time kills leader in the Wentworth women's volleyball record books, hit the career milestone in the Leopards' fourth set of the day, with a kill that gave Wentworth a 17-15 lead in the frame. She currently has 1,488 points, which surpasses the previous record of 1,469.5 set in 2005 by Caroline Drosdick. Rogoz also set a new career-high on defense with 27 digs, which ranks second all-time.
- In a solid defensive showing, Wentworth set a new record off the block with 27 as a team, with nine coming from Riley Waggoner (Simi Valley, Calif.).
- Wentworth has won the last three matches against the Pride.
Match Two – Wentworth 3, USM 1
- Kills – Jade Iadarola (13), Mary Zlotosch (12) (.435), Makenna Salsbury (7) (.462)
- Digs – Lexie Cambray (15), Leah Rogoz (10), Jade Iadarola (8)
- Assists – Jordan Chapman (29)
- Wentworth locked in the non-conference tri-match sweep by knocking off USM 25-10, 21-25, 25-15, and 25-23.
- The Leopards hit .444 in the first set with 14 kills and two errors on 27 swings, led by three apiece from Jade Iadarola (Miami, Fla.) and Mary Zlotosch (Durham, N.H.)
- Two of Wentworth's top hitters hit above .400 as Salsbury swung .462 while Zlotosch hit .435.
- As the regular season begins to wind down, the Leopards will prepare for a huge conference clash on Thursday with a 7:00 p.m. match at Endicott.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.