BOSTON, Mass. – Sophomore Alec Erskine (Coventry, Conn.) netted a goal and an assist as the Emmanuel College men's soccer team scored three times in the second half to defeat Wentworth Institute of Technology, 3-1, Tuesday night.
SCORING: WIT – Cameron Pacheco (Alex Moore), 7:36; EC – Nick Fierro (penalty kick), 62:46; EC – Alec Erskine (penalty kick), 77:25; Kyle King (Erskine), 84:43
SHOTS (ON GOAL): WIT 8 (2); EC, 14 (8)
CORNER KICKS: WIT 1; EC, 4
SAVES: WIT – Robbie West, 5; EC – Jonathan Ferrarini (45:00), 0; Vincent Conelli (45:00), 1
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Wentworth took a 1-0 lead at the 7:36 mark of the contest as senior Cameron Pacheco (Woburn, Mass.) tallied his first goal of the season off a feed from sophomore Alex Moore (Salem, Conn.)
- Emmanuel had a 9-4 shot advantage in the first half. Sophomore Robbie West (Weymouth, Mass.) stopped all three shots the Saints put on net.
- The hosts scored twice in a span of 14:39 – with both goals coming on penalty kicks. At 62:46, senior Nick Fierro (Katonah, N.Y.) scored, followed by Erskine's made attempt at 77:25.
- Erskine set up sophomore Kyle King (Gorham, Maine) at 84:43 to round out the scoring.
- Emmanuel had advantages in shots (14-8) and corner kicks (4-1).
- Senior Jonathan Ferrarini (Hanover, Mass.) did not make a save in the first half while sophomore Vincent Conelli (West Hartford, Conn.) picked up the win after making one save in the second half. West finished the game with five saves.
- Tonight marked the sixth all-time meeting between the two programs. The Saints snapped a four-game series losing streak, picking up their first win over the Leopards. Wentworth leads all-time 4-1-1.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.