BOSTON, Mass. – Despite two goals in the second half, the Wentworth women's soccer team couldn't complete the conference comeback and fell to Salve Regina 3-2 in the regular season finale at Reynolds Field.
- Olivia Pickard – Salve Regina 1'
- Olivia Pickard – Salve Regina 5'
- Carah Cote (Olivia Pickard) – Salve Regina 16'
- Jess Poratti (Alexandria Rodriguez) – Wentworth 40'
- Molly Donahue – Wentworth 88'
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wentworth outshot the hosts 32-10 in the match, but Salve keeper Jenna Park made 13 saves to keep the Leopards at bay.
- Salve's used a five-point spurt from Olivia Pickard to lead the Leopards 3-0 at halftime, including back-to-back goals within the first six minutes. Pickard assisted on Carah Cote's third goal of the game.
- The Leopards got on the board in the 40th minute as Jess Poratti (Essex Junction, Vt.) finished off a feed from Alexandria Rodriguez (San Diego, Calif.), finally breaking Park for the 3-1 score. With just over a minute left in the game, Molly Donahue (Quincy, Mass.) brought the lead with a single goal in the Leopards' final offensive push.
- Park moves to 8-9 on the season saving 13 of WIT's 15 shots on net.
- Junior Allison Haynes (Shelton, Conn.) made one save in 90 minutes of action.
- With the result, the Leopards clinch the seventh seed for the CCC postseason tournament, and heads into its seventh straight playoff appearance.
- The Leopards will travel to second-seeded Roger Williams on Saturday at 11:00 a.m.
For the latest on Wentworth Athletics, follow the Leopards via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Wentworth Leopards "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.